PENN – MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY – Australia
All PENN reels purchased in Australia on or after 1 July 2022, come with a limited manufacturer’s warranty for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase.
All other PENN products (including rods) purchased in Australia come with a limited manufacturer’s warranty for a period of one year from date of purchase.
PENN powered by Hooker Electric products purchased in Australia come with a limited manufacturer’s warranty for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase in relation to the PENN reel component and a limited manufacturer’s warranty for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase in relation to the Hooker Electric motor and electrical components of the reel.
Manufacturer’s Warranty – Australia
Pure Fishing Australia, as the manufacturer and distributor of PENN products in Australia, will repair defects in materials and/or workmanship in a product or replace the faulty product with an identical product (and/or pay compensation), provided that:
- the product is still within its warranty period;
- you cover the cost of shipping charges to and from Pure Fishing AU’s service facility; and
- you are the original purchaser and present your original proof of purchase.
Our goods come with consumer guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This manufacturer’s warranty is in addition to and does not limit any rights of a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law against the product’s manufacturer, supplier and/or retailer.
This manufacturer’s warranty does not cover damage caused by addition to, or alterations of the product, accident, abuse, improper use, neglect and/or normal wear and tear. Any internal damage to a reel caused by unauthorised servicing outside our PENN’s recommended maintenance will be repaired at the consumer’s expense (with the express permission of the consumer).
How to make a claim
To make a claim under this warranty in Australia, you have two options set out below:
- Return the PENN product to the supplier/retailer from where you purchased the product and provide them with your proof of purchase, details of the problem, your name and contact details; or
- Submit a warranty claim form online, supplying your proof of purchase, details of the problem, your name and contact details and return the product with matching contact details included to the service facilities of Pure Fishing AU:
|PENN Service Department
Pure Fishing Australia
Unit 1, 16 Pioneer Ave
Tuggerah, NSW, 2259
For further inquiries, you can phone: 1800 106 389 (toll free in Australia and New Zealand) or email: email@example.com.
PENN products will not be considered for warranty repair, replacement or compensation without proof of purchase.